Things I’ve done since lockdown that you should definitely (I mean, if you wanna) check out. #shamelessselfpromotionedition
- Recorded and released a new song. Here’s all the details including the story of its making. I also thought of a few last-minute production things that made me cackle with glee even though most likely no one will detect them but me so it was just updated today with the final version. I say final because if it isn’t I’ll have to rename the song “Someday, I’ll Stop Tweaking This song, But Not tonight.”
- Redesigned my website. You’re looking at it now.
- Re-wrote the problematic lyrics to the Rolling Stones song “Brown Sugar” into something tasty and useful.
- Wrote a special Quarantine Love Song.
- Covered an apropos Jellyfish song.
- Recorded a dramatic monologue for the #OneMinuteMonologueChallenge on Instagram.
- Live streamed a dramatic reading of Masque Of The Red Death and then a very not-dramatic reading of it.
- Re-mixed the Friends Theme to have way more claps because of an off-hand silly comment on a friend’s post
Recorded VO as a foul-mouthed pirate cat for a web series, began recording audiobook narration for 4th book in a series by Andrew Hunter (I also narrated the previous 3). Played a lot of video games. Slept a lot. Took lots of walks. Got my diet in much better shape. Have stuck to a regular push-up regimen. Edited a series of videos for a friend and re-formatted his book. And probably a lot of other stuff I’m forgetting.
I”m not bragging or trying to detract from the seriousness going on in the world, but for me keeping track of the good and the light is the best, most productive and positive thing I can do. Everyone’ handles things in their own way, and however you are handling it, it’s right and okay. Maybe some of the stuff I’ve done can entertain, make you smile, or have some positive impact. That’s all I can really hope for is to try and put my little orbs of light out into the world. #quarantinethrive